The Virtual Repairman's  Appliance Help Forum Index The Virtual Repairman's Appliance Help
It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bookmark and Share
Amana side by side not cooling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Virtual Repairman's Appliance Help Forum Index -> Refrigerators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amjad8n8
Apprentice DIYer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Amana side by side not cooling Reply with quote

Hello, my amana refrigerator is almost 11 years old. Last year it stopped suddenly cooling food and frozen area. So, I looked in the internet and found some information at [url]repairclinic.com[/url] and [url]repairservicetips.com[/url] and some other sites I do not remember. Finally, it was found that the thermostat was bad. I replaced the thermostat, it was working fine until now. It stopped cooling the freezer side, [b]do I need to replace the thermostat again[/b]? Please respond as soon as possible.

model: ars2667aw
amana side by side
Virtual Repairman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: fridge Reply with quote

When you go to those other sites, you do not get the personal help like I provides, so always start here first. Learn to use the Search button with your problems' description, such as "freezer side not cooling". You will find many different scenarios that might fit your issue.

In your case, the thermostat was never the problem, nor is it bad now. I am not sure which "thermostat" you are referring to, since there is one for the cooling and a defrost terminator in the freezer.

If the freezer is not cooling, you will need a test meter to check the defrost heater and terminator for open circuit. This will rule out the defrost control as a suspect. Amana is notorious for leaking evaporator coils as well, so remove the freezer panel in the inside back wall and observe the evap coil. If it is covered in frost, then you have a defrost issue. If the coil is only iced at the very top, you have a leaking coil and it will be very expensive to have repaired. Let me know which situation you find when you look behind the panel and we will take it from there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Virtual Repairman's Appliance Help Forum Index -> Refrigerators All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: