The Virtual Repairman's  Appliance Help Forum Index The Virtual Repairman's Appliance Help
It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bookmark and Share
MAH7500AWW Maytag Neptune Speed Indication error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Virtual Repairman's Appliance Help Forum Index -> Washing Machines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jessewurtz
Apprentice DIYer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: MAH7500AWW Maytag Neptune Speed Indication error Reply with quote

Hi,

Speed indication error, Press "start/pause" to attempt to resume the cycle. If problem persists, call for service (xxx-xxx-xxxx)

I get this message when machine is set to start any cycle.

Also machine not draining ...

Can you help
Virtual Repairman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Neptune Reply with quote

Sure I can help. I was working for Maytag when this machine was conceived and first sold. The error message is telling us that the pump is not able to drain the water out, thus causing an undue load on the drive motor. This usually translates into a speed error message as a result. On the other hand, there can also be a problem with the motor or the motor control board down below. These have been upgraded since the initial run of the 7500 series, so only after doing some inspecting will you be able to tell if it is a pump or a motor control issue.
Fortunately, they placed a good tech sheet inside the top console of the machine. Just remove the screws along the back top edge of the panel, then grasp the fron panel and lift it ip and toward you. There is a folded document in there which will guide you thru the machine issues. I have the motor/board on sale right now, so let me know what you find out...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Virtual Repairman's Appliance Help Forum Index -> Washing Machines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: