To get floors really clean I prefer an electric cleaner, but what about multi surfaces? Most can’t afford more than one for different floor types. So, I did some research on what is the best multi-surface floor cleaning machine.
The floors inside our homes can be a feeding ground for dirt, dust, and bacteria. For some, the presence of dirt and dust particles can even trigger health conditions like asthma.
The flooring inside different rooms of your home will likely be of a different texture and finding a cleaner that is suitable for use on all surfaces can be a challenge.
A multi-surface floor cleaning machine is the solution to all of your cleaning problems. As implied, a cleaner of this kind can be used to clean multiple surfaces so you can clean the floors throughout your home using one unit.
Check out what I discovered on my research for the best floor cleaners and options below. I also included a handy buyer’s guide with my top tips for making a decision.
Multi-surface Floor Cleaning Machine Reviews
The BISSELL Crosswave All in One Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner is suitable for use on sealed floors and area rugs. Functioning as both a vacuum and cleaner it will collect dirt and dust particles whilst washing the surface at the same time.
As a dual-action machine, it incorporates a multi-surface microfiber brush roll that is coated with nylon bristles.
The combination of both perform well in conjunction with each other to ensure that your floor is visibly cleaner.
The two-tank system separates the dirty water from the clean water. Because of this, you will always be cleaning with fresh, uncontaminated water.
The handle incorporates smart touch controls which are positioned within easy reach to allow you to switch between the hard floor and area rug setting when required.
There is also a demand solution trigger that allows you to control how much solution is dispersed by the unit as you clean.
- EVERY PURCHASE SAVES PETS. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- VACUUM & WASH AT THE SAME TIME, BISSELL CrossWave multi-surface floor cleaner cleans better than a sponge mop and bucket, and in less time.
- MULTI-SURFACE CLEANING. Safe and effective for use on tile, sealed wood floors, laminate, linoleum, rubber floor mats, pressed wood floors, area rugs, and more.
- TWO-TANK TECHNOLOGY. Keeps clean water and formula separate from dirty water and dry debris, so you always clean everyday messes with fresh solution
- DUAL-ACTION MULTI-SURFACE BRUSH ROLL. The innovative microfiber and nylon brush rotates at 3000 RPM, while also mopping and picking up dry debris at same time.
Are you looking for an affordable steam cleaner that can be used on the majority of floor surfaces as well as windows, counters, and appliances?
If so, the McCulloch MC1275 steam cleaner could be the perfect choice for you. Simply using steam, this machine can be used to clean a variety of surfaces.
As a professional unit, it can tackle the most stubborn of messes. The 45 ounce water tank claims to provide 45 minutes of continuous steam output so you are less likely to find yourself having to refill it regularly when it is in use.
While the floor mop attachment is intended for sealed floors, the scrub pads are ideal for larger surfaces and tough marks. If this wasn’t impressive enough, it also comes with an attachable utility brush for appliances or patios, etc.
The jet-style nozzle projects a powerful output of steam directly onto the problem area. The handle of the cleaner also features a steam lock switch.
When locked into place this will provide a continuous dispersion of steam. Because of this, you don’t have to apply constant pressure onto the handle.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Backed by a 2-year hassle-free warranty and supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING - Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, and stains from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK - The 48-ounce water tank heats up in under 8 minutes and provides up to 45 minutes of steam with optional lockable steam trigger for continuous steam cleaning
- 18 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES - Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including a floor mop, mop pads, nylon brushes, brass brush, scrub pad, squeegee, and more
- SUPERIOR REACH - An extra-long 15. 7-foot power cord and over 9-foot steam hose provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard to get to places
Entering the market at an affordable price, the Pursteam Multipurpose mop cleaner offers value and versatility without compromising on performance. As a pet-friendly machine, it’s great for stubborn pet messes.
In regards to surface suitability, it can be used on hard flooring, sealed stone, and tiles, carpets, glass and mirrors, furniture, and garments.
Claiming to remove 99.9% of germs simply using heated steam, this cleaner will replenish the appearance of your floors without using any chemicals.
As this is a 10 in 1 unit you are provided with an array of accessories to suit different cleaning situations.
Featuring 3 adjustable modes you can alter the output of steam to accommodate the surface and severity of the mess.
It also features a generously sized reservoir with an 11.5 OZ capacity that will provide 20 to 25 minutes of use on the lowest setting. When used on the highest setting, you should expect it to last for half of this time.
- Cleans Literally Everything! Nobody likes cleaning! But with the help of our 10-in-1 Steam Mop you can clean the whole house more quickly and easily, making it cleaner and fresher than ever! Clean a lot more than floors with the built-in handheld steam cleaner, or use the flexible hose to put the cleaning power of steam in the palm of your hand. Works great as floor Steam Mop, Carpet Cleaner, steam cleaner, handheld garment steamer window, mirror & glass cleaner & much more.
- Child & Pet Safe - Best steam cleaner for tile & hardwood, cleaning with no chemicals, leaves the floors looking new and really clean. Comes with special surface scrubber, providing versatile cleaning from Top to Bottom. Ideal for Glass, Sealed Stone, Stainless Steel, and Sealed Tile/Grout.
- Light And Maneuverable. 3 Adjustable modes help you cater the mop's steam level to your specific needs. That's especially important when you're trying to preserve your hardwood floors finish. The steam cleaner’s 380 ml (12.8 oz) reservoir provides around 25 minutes of steam at the lowest setting and about 12 minutes of steam at the maximum steam setting. One real bonus is that it uses tap water alone to steam off dirt, eliminating the need to buy pricey detergent.
- Multifunctional Household Tool - Safe to use on any surface you want to clean: hardwood floors, vinyl, tiles, marble, ceramic & porcelain tiles. Not only that, but you can also clean anything around the house with our built-in handheld steam cleaner. Just install the attachment you need and let the steam do all the work for you!
The Dupray Neat Multipurpose Steam Cleaner is a robust unit that can be used for cleaning, degreasing, and deodorizing a range of surfaces including flooring, furniture, and kitchen appliances. As such, you can give your home a thorough clean.
Boasting a large 54 Oz tank capacity, this cleaner can run for approximately 50 minutes before requiring refilling. This allows you to tackle larger surfaces without having to stop regularly to refill the unit.
Compactly designed, it features a retractable handle that can be pulled out as and when it is required. It also has wheels that allow for easy maneuverability to different areas of your home.
Not only is the mop compatible with microfiber pads but it can also be used with regular cloths so you don’t need specialized cloths to achieve great results.
The unit also heats the water to 275 degrees Fahrenheit so it will be effective in breaking down dirt and dust particles.
- STEAM CLEAN. DEGREASE. DEODORIZE. ANY SURFACE. BETTER.
- POWERFUL STEAM CLEANER: up to 275°F/135°C. Best multi purpose steamer for home, cars and more.
- HEAVY-DUTY & LARGE CAPACITY: Up to 50 minutes of cleaning time per fill up.
- PERFECT FOR FLOOR CLEANING: use any regular towel or cloth, no need for expensive special pads!
- 2-year Limited Warranty / Lifetime Warranty on steam cleaner boiler.
As a brand, Shark is recognized for creating great cleaning products and the Shark NV752 Rotator Powered Lift-Away Upright Vacuum is certainly no exception.
Although this is a full-sized cleaner, it has been designed with a detachable pod that makes it easier to clean hard-to-reach areas.
This cleaner is an ideal choice for those with allergies. The anti-allergen complete seal technology and HEPA filter trap the majority of dust particles that have gathered on the surface of your floors.
Designed with a larger tank you can clean the entirety of your home without having to empty it regularly.
We particularly like the LED headlights which illuminate the surface ahead making any bits of hidden debris and dust much more visible.
In regards to usability, the handle features easy to reach controls that allow you to switch from carpet to hard floors with the simple click of a button.
- 2-IN-1 POWERED LIFT-AWAY TECHNOLOGY: Allows you to lift the pod away to deep-clean hard-to-reach areas, like under furniture, while the powered brushroll keeps spinning.
- ADVANCED SWIVEL STEERING: Easily maneuver your vacuum to get in and out of tight spaces, in corners, around furniture, and more.
- ANTI-ALLERGEN COMPLETE SEAL: Works with a HEPA filter to trap 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum cleaner. (Based on ASTM F1977 of particles .3 microns or larger.)
- LARGE-CAPACITY DUST CUP: 0.88-quart capacity for longer cleaning sessions. Easily remove dust cup to empty debris in seconds.
- LED HEADLIGHTS: Powerful lights on the nozzle reveal hidden debris and pet hair around your home.
The Eureka Powerspeed Turbo Spotlight Vacuum cleaner can be used on hardwood floors, carpets, and rugs.
Thanks to the 5 adjustment settings, you can alter the functionality to suit the surface that you intend to use it on.
The dust tank has an impressive 4.1 liter capacity and this allows you to clean multiple rooms without having to refill it regularly.
Designed with LED lights, you can see the surface that you are vacuuming much more clearly and because of this, you can ensure that you don’t miss any spots.
The dust tank comes with a one-button dust release mechanism that allows for mess-free emptying.
As for portability, this unit weighs a total of 10ibs so it is easy to carry to different rooms inside your home.
It also features a convenient carry handle for convenient maneuverability.
Are you fed up of being restricted by a power cord that prevents you from reaching certain areas in your home?
If so, it may be time to go cordless and the TINECO Floor One S3 Multi-Surface Cleaning Vacuum is a strong contender. As a cordless cleaner, it does not restrict you to a plug point so you can move to the different areas of your home without having to constantly plug and unplug this machine.
Recommended for use on bare floors, hard floors, and sealed wood floors, it vacuums and mops your floors at the same time.
As such, you can achieve optimal cleaning results in a minimal amount of time. When used to wash spills or liquids, it will refrain from leaving any unwanted residue behind.
Impressively, the self-cleaning system means that the roller will maintain itself so you do not have to get your hands dirty by attempting to clean it.
We particularly like the intuitiveness of this cleaner. The body features a panel that informs you of the cleaning status, the remaining run time, and maintenance alerts.
- Featuring iLoop smart sensor technology, FLOOR ONE S3 detects wet/dry messes on sealed hard floors and intelligently adjusts suction power and water flow for completely clean results. Floors dry quickly and streak-free.
- Self-propelled and time-saving, FLOOR ONE S3 vacuums and washes your sealed hard floors in one smart step for an optimal clean in less time.
- Cordless, lightweight, and easy to use, FLOOR ONE S3 extends runtime up to 35 min with intelligently optimized suction and battery power.
- 5-in-1 self-cleaning system keeps your hands clean, your system fresh, and your home odor-free.
- All-in-one LED display, built-in app connectivity, and helpful voice assistant monitors cleaning performance for the ultimate hard floor cleaning experience. Please note that the machine must use the Tineco solution to ensure long-term use. The use of non-Tineco solution will cause corrosion and damage to the machine.
The Rug Doctor Flexclean All-in-one Floor Cleaner can be used on carpeted and sealed hardwood surfaces.
Using this powerful machine will get rid of tough stains, dirt, and odors so that your home will be looking and smelling fresh. You can choose from 3 different spray settings depending on the surface that you are cleaning.
Although this cleaner may not be the most lightweight option it features multiple handles that allow for convenient maneuverability.
The tank has a 1.5 gallon capacity which enables you to clean a range of surfaces without having to frequently stop to empty it.
The inclusion of the FlexCleans rotating bristle brush delivers powerful suction performance to ensure that stubborn stains and marks are removed from the surface.
The base of the cleaner features a nozzle for cleaning carpets or hard floors. Simply turn the nozzle to switch between each when necessary.
- Capacity (gallons) - 1.5. Rug Doctor’s first all-in-one floor cleaner effortlessly extracts grime, grease, grit, and gunk from both carpet and sealed hardwood floors; one seamless cleaning solution for one powerful clean
- Lightweight, easy-to-maneuver machine handles like a vacuum cleaner, steering throughout the home with ease; rejuvenate living room, family room, bedroom, hallway, basement, kitchen, and den
- Hassle-free FlexClean eliminates the need for multiple, single-function cleaning machines; replaces mops, hard floor cleaners, and steamers to deliver an efficient, effective clean to home and office
- Extracts both old and new stains, pet accident, party spills, kid messes, oil spots, food and drink residue, and unpleasant odors from living and work environments for a sparkling, healthier clean. Quickly adjusts to 3 optimized spray rates for carpet and hard floors
- Easy cleaning machine goes to work whether tending to daily spot cleaning or attacking the seasonal deep cleaning of carpet, tile, stone, rugs, laminate, furniture, upholstery, hardwood, and more
As a dual-action cleaner, the Kenmore DU2015 Bagless upright vacuum can be used on hard floors, upholstery, and carpet.
Because of this, you aren’t restricted on the surfaces that you can clean. It features 2 motors which deliver excellent suction power.
For those who suffer from allergies, dust or dirt particles inside their home can be particularly problematic. This needn’t be a concern when using this cleaner as it features a HEPA filter system that traps 99.7% of dirt and dust.
Courtesy of the swivel steering system, it is much easier to clean around obstacles like furniture so you can be sure that every inch of your living space has been cleaned thoroughly.
The vacuum wand can also be detached and used to clean your ceilings if required.
- BAGLESS UPRIGHT VACUUM: Remove pet hair, dirt and more with this multi-floor, multi-surface designed vacuum for use in your home, den, or kitchen with a wide sweeper path
- HEPA FILTER SYSTEMEnhanced HEPA filter system traps 99.7% of dirt, trapping dirt inside the vacuum reducing pollutants in the room
- POWERFUL CLEANING: 2-motor system excels in suction power for any surface type. The suction control feature allows you to vacuum different carpet weights, fabrics and more without sacrificing airflow or cleaning efficiencies.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND MANEUVERABLE: At under 14lbs, this vacuum easily maneuvers around corners with swivel steering for a deep, thorough clean
- 4 ATTACHMENTS FOR EXTENDED REACH: Includes a 3-in-1 Combination Tool (crevice tool, dirt brush & upholstery brush), Upholstery Tool, Pet HandiMate & Rotating Fan Tool perfect for cleaning transitions. The flexible hose extends to 10’ for a floor-to-ceiling clean
The Eureka Whirlwind Bagless Canister Cleaner features three settings for carpet, upholstery, and hard floors.
As such, you can clean any room inside your home without having to worry about the unit’s suitability with different surfaces. These settings are positioned on the handle making it easy to alternate between each when necessary.
Weighing less than 8 pounds, this vacuum can easily be carried up and down the stairs to different rooms.
The swivel steering also makes it much easier to maneuver around obstacles such as furniture ensuring that all surfaces are deeply cleaned.
Courtesy of the 2.5 liter dust container, this vacuum can be used for a decent amount of time without needing to be emptied. As a result, you can enjoy cleaning with fewer disruptions.
The filters are also washable, so they can be cleaned when required and then put back into the cleaner for future uses.
- Innovative Multi-Surface Vacuum: Deep clean with the whirlwind canister vacuum. This vacuum features an integrated airflow control on the handle that can be easily switched at your fingertips. It includes 3 settings: Carpet, Upholstery and Hard Floors
- Lightweight And Easy To Maneuver: Vacuum anywhere around your home with ease with this lightweight vacuum. The Eureka whirlwind vacuum cleaner weighs less than 8 pounds and can easily maneuver under and around furniture and stairs thanks to its swivel steering and telescoping metal Wand
- 2.5L Dust Container, No Maintenance Costs: No bags or filters required. The whirlwind has a Bagless design and uses washable filters. Rinse the filters as needed and you’re ready to go
- 2-In-1 Integrated Crevice Tool: The Eureka whirlwind canister vacuum features a crevice tool integrated into the hose handle so it’s at your fingertips whenever you need and will never get lost. Easily disconnect the handle from the hose and then you can switch between a crevice tool and a dusting brush
- Easy-To-Use: Spend more time cleaning and less time struggling with your vacuum cleaner. The Eureka whirlwind has automatic cord Rewind, saving your valuable time. The whirlwind has a 1 button release for easy dust cup emptying
There are several factors that you will need to consider before investing in your multi-surface floor cleaning machine.
First and foremost, it is important to consider the weight of the cleaner.
If you are going to be using the machine to clean a wide area, ideally it should be lightweight so that it doesn’t restrict your ability to move with it. A particularly weighty unit is going to make the cleaning process much more tiresome.
A lightweight machine is also going to be much easier to transport up and down the stairs. You will typically find that most advanced models boast a lightweight build that makes it easier to tackle a range of cleaning tasks.
The Water Tank Capacity
If you are going to be using the machine to tackle a larger surface area, you ideally want to invest in a unit with a larger tank.
Those with smaller tanks are more restricting as they require frequent refilling, however, they heat the water much quicker.
For those with smaller surfaces, a smaller tank may not be sufficient and users may appreciate the fast heat-up times.
While a larger tank will take longer to heat up, it is going to maintain this heat for longer and won’t require refilling as frequently so you can clean large surfaces without disruptions.
Size of the Floor Cleaner
The size of the unit is going to determine how easy it is to store when it isn’t in use. If you have limited room available you will likely struggle to store a bulky cleaner.
There are now many options that are designed with a slim frame that stands upright when the cleaner isn’t in use.
As a result, you don’t have to worry about it falling over when left unattended and it can also be stored in compact areas.
If you aren’t limited on the space that you have available, this is unlikely to be as significant of a concern.
The Temperature of the Water
A steam cleaner utilizes hot water and pressure to clean the floor surface. When the tank is filled with water, the liquid will need to reach boiling point before it is ready to be used.
In some cleaners, this will take seconds and in other cleaners, this will take minutes.
Ideally, you want to invest in a cleaner that is going to heat up sooner so that you do not have to spend a lot of time waiting to use it.
You will find that most cleaners have variable steam controls so that you can cater the functionality of the unit to accommodate different surfaces.
For example, you can use the lowest setting for light messes and the higher setting for more severe messes.
One steam setting is more than likely to suffice for simple cleaning tasks. However, some may prefer the choice of multiple.
Multi Surface Floor Cleaner Price
The amount that you spend on your multi-surface cleaning machine is going to depend on your budget.
You will find that the market has many affordable offerings from different brands so you don’t have to break the bank to find a unit that accommodates your price range.
Of course, you should expect a more expensive option to be slightly more advanced in the features that it offers than a more basic model.
You may also find that particularly well-known brand’s manufacture units that are more expensive due to the reputation that surrounds their name.
The majority of cleaners are backed by a warranty. This is a policy that covers you for a certain amount of time against any defects or issues with the cleaner.
If you aren’t satisfied with your purchase or you experience any problems, the brand is responsible for either repairing or replacing the unit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is steaming floors better than mopping?
Steam mops deliver many cleaning advantages.
Not only do they work faster than traditional mops but the dispersion of steam kills the majority of bacteria and dust mites that are present on the surface.